The top 5 reasons to do teambuilding:
1. Facilitates better communication – Activities that create discussion enable open communication among team members, and between team members and coaches/ management. This can improve relationships and in turn, the quality of work done.
2. Increases trust – Team building increases the trust factor between team members and with coaches/management. Trust helps to bridge the gap between team members and coaches/management. The level playing field established through team building can give team members an opportunity to see their leadership as a team member which can boost morale.
3. Motivates team members – Team leadership and team building go hand in hand. The more comfortable your team members are to express their ideas and opinions, the more confident they will become. This will motivate them to take on new challenges and learn new skills.
4. Develops problem-solving skills – Team building activities that require team members to work together to solve problems can improve the ability to think rationally and strategically. Teams that are able to determine when a problem arises and know what they can do about it can then effectively make decisions in real time and gain better “court sense”.
5. Promotes creativity and resilience – Taking a team outside of their normal training/work setting and exposing them to new experiences will help them to think outside of their normal routine and adapt to change. Working together with other team members can ignite creativity and fresh ideas, and help them respond more effectively to change, which are great qualities to bring back to the playing field/office.
Overall, teambuilding develops better relationships among team members which ultimately increases productivity. That, in turn, enables teams to achieve their goals.
Contact us to learn more about building a team prepared to succeed.