No one, regardless of natural talent, is born a champion. Everyone is born with potential. Our natural talents are fostered by our own commitment to excellence, and then we must have access to consistent development opportunities in order to achieve our goals.
Whether on the field or in the boardroom, performance is relative across arenas, and the mental skills of world-class athletes are transferable from one sport to another, or even into the boardroom.
My coach made me the best diver in the world. It’s that simple. -Dr. Megan Neyer, Olympian, World Champion
Performance coaching provides the foundation for people to be clear about how to direct their strengths most effectively, offset or develop their weaknesses, work better within teams, and to help people move beyond their self-perceived mental barriers.
How Will An Individual Benefit?
Performance coaching can benefit an individual in these ways:
- Learning the mental strategies of world-class athletes that produce great performance
- Defining clear strategies to achieve goals
- Understanding one's leadership/management style and how that impacts others
- Empowering and supporting the motivation of others
- Becoming a more effective communicator
- Learning how to manage energy, stress, and emotions
- Developing a process for managing life options and obstacles
- Providing an unbiased perspective on issues
How Will A Team Or Organization Benefit?
Coaching will benefit a team or organization in these ways:
- Retaining its best talent and facilitate their growth
- Clearly defining sources of motivation
- Producing better results by developing skills and abilities
- Developing high performance teams
- Facilitating organizational, structural, and functional changes
- Improving workforce recruitment
- Enhancing communication with internal and external customers
- Complementing other improvement processes
- • Promoting focused performance discussions
- Facilitating the building of shared vision